Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

LISTEN UP PEEPS!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsugaru
Tsugaru

LISTEN UP PEEPS!  Empty
PostSubject: LISTEN UP PEEPS!    LISTEN UP PEEPS!  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:08 pm

When you read below, do NOT think. Do not feel, just read with an open mind.

I see the chatbox is gone.

First off, I have to say that was probably one of the most attractive qualities to the site, rather than being strangers, we actually got the chance to truly know one another. I probably would have lasted about a week or less if it hadn't been here when I first joined. I would have been paranoid that my rping with Psyche was terrible and that my rping as Tsugaru was completely awful. I would have left and I don't know how others feel, but without the chatbox, I feel like getting to know other members would be impossible.

Second off, this is the second time I've logged on after a rough time in real life to find that something had changed. Does everyone know the chatbox is gone? I feel like I've been nuked. It's like "oh hey... where the hell did the city go? Oh... green light? Everyone died? Huh..."
Forgive the crude metaphor, but that's what these decisions have been kind of turning into.

We have a great collection of all sorts of people. We have some of the most talented fanfiction writers and roleplayers that I have ever seen.

Yes, Hibi left. That's terrible. It was her choice though. We cannot do anything at this point. We must reach out to one another and make sure that our feelings are open to others and take Hibi's situation to heart so that no one else feels like that.

All problems are started by one or more of the following problems:
A) Miscommunication
B) Sensitivity

Since we all like to feel that we're a family, realize that, with any family, there's going to be our personal crazy uncle Larry and that one cousin you just can't quite like. You are going to feel like you favor your household aka the people you talk to outside of the chatbox more than others.
YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD TALK TO THAT DISTANT PERSON IN THE FAMILY A BIT MORE!
We're children. We should know by now that we're going to say stupid things and be irrational. That's the fun of it.

If we know that others are sensitive and we aren't all the perfect person.
We need to talk our problems out. We need to talk to one another and make slow changes.
Because what's going on now cannot continue. We can't just pick and choose what we do and how we act. We're better than a regular rp site in that we have the ability to talk to one another about reality. What we're doing now is destroying those bonds through fear.

WE'RE ALL SCARED.

We're scared and it's because we don't want to lose each other.

This is the internet.

Everyone has the opportunity to leave. What we hope for is that we’re all mature enough that we want to stay. That we want to get back on day after day and rp our canon and our oc characters.

Overall the short and simple advice is to bring the chatbox back and TALK. Say your puppy died or you just got rejected from some college. Tell us your tummy feels bad or that you have a disorder and can’t eat to save your life. Make us cry, make us happy. Make us start doing the damn yes dance for you from our computer even though we’re in a library.
But don’t… don’t sit back and make decisions and judgments alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1968804/Prustrian_Informant
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

LISTEN UP PEEPS!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN UP PEEPS!    LISTEN UP PEEPS!  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:01 pm

I think I might be particularily blind since it aid it was removed to 'Prevent further victimization' of people in the chat box but I'm not sure I saw much of that (probably because if something started coming up I asked people to take it elsewhere since I can't deal with that right now) but I agree. Instead of simply removing the chatbox outright can't we work this out like adults by speaking to one another and settling our differences? I liked the chat box, it made things more social and meant we got to know and like each other, we got opinions on things like our rping and were able to grow and make ourselves better rpers and writers. I miss it already and this isn't the first time something like this has happened (by that I mean logging in and finding something changed)

Honestly I doubt I would log in as often if the chatbox in't here or for that matter at all, it's one of the main reasons I kept coming back since I could look foreward to speaking to people I love to talk to.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo
Admin
DaniCojo

LISTEN UP PEEPS!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN UP PEEPS!    LISTEN UP PEEPS!  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I agree completely. The CB was a very important and special place. If you didn't have any RPs to reply to, you could still enjoy the site by talking one on one with the other members.

Being an admin, I have the power to bring back the CB. I'm only holding back because I would rather talk Erika and Izaya and come to an agreement over it. So unfortunately, right now I can't do anything. But I hope that more people agree and we can bring it back with better understanding that sometimes we need to just talk out our problems. Holding them back only makes it more likely to explode, and then things like this happen.
Back to top Go down
http://danicojo.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

LISTEN UP PEEPS!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN UP PEEPS!    LISTEN UP PEEPS!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LISTEN UP PEEPS!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: