Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...

Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeFAQCalendarSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Share | 

Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sat May 05, 2012 12:17 am

Mikado wandered into some alleyway without really thinking, which in itself was a rarity for him. All he knew was that he had to get away; and get away he did, but not before tripping on his own two feet, yelping in a rather unmasculine manner, collapsing to his palms and knees, and being ridiculed for such cowardly behavior by the unruly swarm of gangsters that just would not leave him alone.

These gangsters were younger than him--he could tell by their uniforms--but they were much, much bigger. He idly wandered if it had anything to do with the food in the city…maybe Simon-san’s strange sushi.

However, these weren’t any members of some color gang. This fact confused him and added to his stumbling charade as he crashed into yet another sign. The store owner cursed at him but he had no time to apologize. He cringed to himself in guilt, but he knew that he had to get away because something told him that if he didn’t, something horrible was going to happen.

The fact that a middle school gang - one that was clearly full of delinquents with bleached hair and bruises - could easily beat him up, really set him on edge.

Well, he wasn’t beat up yet per se, but at this rate that appeared to be his impending reality.

The Raira student peeked his head from around the corner , inwardly cursing the fact that he left his bag at school.

That was never supposed to happen.

After all, his bag had his homework and assignments…and something rather important.

Exams were coming up really soon and he needed to score high to convince his parents to let him stay -- that yes, it was a good idea to send their one and only son to some private school in the city when he didn’t have much prior experience of going out of town.

Yup, definitely.

He definitely needed his things…

Breathing heavily didn’t do much to alleviate the panic that swarmed through his mind though. What if those gangsters got to him? What if his thinking was loud enough to warrant the attention of possible mass murderers?

But wait, Mikado had his phone with him. That was all he had to protect himself.

Well that and a ballpoint pen that he kept in his pocket. But what could that do for him when he’s surrounded by a bunch of kids with way too much fighting experience to be legal?

Why was he even targeted?!

He didn’t know what to do, but calling seemed the best course of action. The panicked teen quickly set himself to a quiet trot towards a more populated area in the city. There would be more witnesses...in case something really did happen to him.

As he rushed past a group of suspicious middle aged men, he flipped open his phone and quickly dialed someone on speed dial. The usual rings and waiting did little to ease his stress, the sweat on the back of his neck was pouring and cooling, his lungs were on fire, his jaw clenched. Just a little more…

Right when someone picked up, he glanced behind him to see…

….

Mikado crashed into someone and fell to the ground awkwardly and painfully, scraping his knee upon the gray cement, the same happening to his left palm. He couldn't look at the pieces of skin hanging off the wound, nor could he stand the site of the blood falling in thick red rivulets. Closing his eyes tightly-- desperately-- the tense teenager counted a few seconds before opening them to notice a familiar red and checkered phone sitting innocently in the middle of the busy street.

Or rather

What was left of his phone.

Mikado struggled to get up and berated himself, he shouldn’t have taken this shortcut. He should have kept his bags with him. He should have contacted someone when he had the chance.

And now---now he was alone with a bloody knee and no cell phone to call for help.

It was natural for someone to panic, perhaps hyperventilate and cry in frustration--but Mikado Ryugamine refused to perform such mundane and typical reactions. Instead, the disheveled teenager smiled a strange, crooked smile, an icy brightness creeping into his blue eyes that them appear sharper than usual.

This situation reminded the boy of a story he once read when he was little.

But the main character of that story ended up dead…what was to happen to him?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Ash Izumi gasped when she saw the blood coming from the boy she'd just unceremoniously knocked to the ground. She'd been so busy trying to ignore another one of her split personality's rants that she hadn't even noticed the dark haired boy until it was too late. She kneeled down next to him.
"Oh no! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Are you hurt? Of course you're hurt; you're bleeding! Here, let me help you," Ash said as she got back on her feet and offered her hand.

Heh heh, he's bleeding. Cool. Ember mused.
"No! Not cool!" Ash snapped.
Back to top Go down
Kida, Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sun May 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Ring ring. Ring ring.

Masaomi dug through his pockets and school bag, trying to search for his phone. 'Where did it go?' he thought before feeling the familiar material under his notebook and fishing it out. "Hey, Mikado. What's up?"

His eyes widened. Screaming and fists pounding. That was all he was able to hear on the other side of the line. His slow and easy pace quickened till he was sprinting. Dodging the other people on the sidewalk and trying to not run into everything, Masaomi ran. Every scream, every hit, it all just seemed to make him go faster and faster. Static.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Masaomi froze in the middle of an alley. His hand losing its grip on his phone as the annoying sound continued. Was he too late? He shakily bent down and picked up his phone, looking at the screen.

"Mikado Ryugamine: Called ended"

He nearly screamed, knowing that it wouldn't do anything to help. So he ran. He ran till he nearly collapsed. That when he saw it, his vision seemed to blur. His beaten best friend lying on the floor next to a broken phone with an equally broken smile and a person standing right next to him. His body seemed to move on its own, his eyes darkened. Masaomi had no control as his fist connected with the person's cheek.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Tue May 15, 2012 12:35 pm

It happened so fast. One moment Ash was standing, the next she was on the ground, a hand holding her left cheek. She looked up with fear at the blonde boy who had hit her. His eyes were filled with murderous rage and hate. Ash cringed; the boy's eyes hurt her worse than his fist.
She quickly looked away and stammered, "S-sorry! I'm ss-s-so sorry! P-please! Don't hit me again! I'm s-sorry! I'm sorry!"

Tears came into Ash's eyes and she squeezed them shut. She saw in her minds eye that dark room... those faces... the glow of the cigarette...

Her head began to throb. No, not now..., she thought.

Come on!, Ember growled, Let me out already!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sun May 20, 2012 6:38 am

Mikado's eyes widened when a fist connected with the strange girl's cheek. She seemed like a nice girl too. She apologized to him after all. But then--

'What the---?'

"M-Masaomi?" the teenager stuttered, struggling to get up and hissing in pain as he applied weight to his injured leg. "W-what are you doing here?"

Mikado quickly flicked his gaze to the girl who landed on the ground from the impact, trying not to stare at his blonde friend in the process. He...he hasn't seen Masaomi act like that around him before. Mikado speculated his affiliation with the Yellow Scarves, but he never knew about his best friend's fighting skills. That punch really looked like it hurt, the teenager's movements were too fluid to be normal. And those eyes...Masaomi's eyes frightened him, to be honest. It must be his paranoia with dangerous looking people now, Mikado thought.

He closed his eyes, trying to regain his breathing before realizing where he was and what just happened.

"Are you okay?" the hurt teen asked the girl once he recovered, biting his lip as the injuries on his body seemed to scream in protest with every movement. Crouching down beside the stranger hurt a lot more than he thought it would.

After hastily looking behind his back for the kids who almost beat him up, he stared straight into Masaomi's eyes before stating matter-of-factly but with a guarded expression,

"I think this is a huge misunderstanding...I just walked into her when I was---" He tried to think of a good word. "--taking a walk." He cringed at the awful lie and turned his attention to the girl again, who now, seemed to be crying and apologizing profusely.

The girl's state of being, however confused him. She...appeared to be in pain but he didn't know what to comment on it. She was crying too! But he didn't really know how to deal with girls, let alone crying and emotional ones! All he could do was pat her awkwardly on the back as he kept his thoughts on his missing bag, his broken phone, and last but not least, his best friend.

Masaomi exuded an aura that could scare off any man. His stance, his breathing, it was as if he were in a rage. Mikado could only do what he thought could calm him down.

He talked to him.

"Masaomi? How are you doing?" His vision became blurry, his head really hurt. "I'm okay...those kids, this girl...---"

He bit his lip again and looked down at the ground.

"Oh yes!" He turned to the girl. "I'm sorry to have walked into you...I'm Mikado Ryugamine. It's a pleasure to meet you." He smiled awkwardly."Please don't cry...we'll attract unwanted attention around here."

Back to top Go down
Kida, Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sun May 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Masaomi sighed, covering his eyes with his hand. Ever since the incidents with Izaya and Horada, he just hasn't been the same. He's found himself more on edge and paranoid around people lately.

Now that me thought about it, Mikado didn't look like he was beat up, just a scraped hand and knee. Then he remembered...'That's right...My phone's sound is shit...' World-1, Masaomi-0. He slapped himself. 'Of coarse..' He took a deep breath.

"I got a call from you earlier," he started, scratching his head a little. "Aaaand, I kinda forgot that my phone's sound sucks..." He laughed nervously, trying to make himself sound like less of a failure.

"By the way," he looked at his friend's lack of a school bag and broken phone, "where's your stuff? Did something happen?" He saw through the lie easily, but he didn't want to force it out. He hadn't seen anybody on his way here that looked like they would have hurt his friend, but that didn't mean anything.

There are thousands of people in Ikebukuro who look harmless. However in reality, only a handful actually are harmless, the rest are the people that you should be watching out for.

"I'm okay...those kids, this girl...---"

..Those kids? "Wait, what kids?" he asked. He didn't see any kids nearby here. 'Did some group of kids threaten him or something?'

Masaomi walked towards the girl he had just punched. "Hey, I'm really sorry about that. I kinda lost it there, trust me, I'm not someone who like to hurt people, especially a beautiful girl, such as yourself!" He held out his hand to her. "So, do you forgive me?" he asked, giving her a small smile to show that he was sorry.

[ooc: This is what happens why I fail at reading! Sorryyyyy! ;w;]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Mon May 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Ash looked at the teen again, the one she had bumped into her. Why was he apologizing? She was the one who'd caused all the trouble. He had a really cute smile though. She liked him. And his name. It was very nice. "H-hello," Ash managed to whisper, "I'm... A-ash. Ash Izumi."

She quickly cleaned up her tears. She didn't want to inconvenience the nice boy anymore than she already had. Suddenly the other boy was talking to her. The one that had hit her. She blushed wildly when he called her beautiful. What? Me? This poor boy must have lost his glasses! Maybe that's why he hit me...
Ash didn't mean it when she flinched at his out stretched hand; it was instinct.

You're not really going to forgive this guy, are you?! Said Ember in outrage. He punched us! We probably have a huge bruise now! And the sissy boy?! The dissrespectful bastard ran right in to us! He has to pay. Both of them do. No one messes with me and get's away with it!

The pressure increased on her temple and it felt like she would explode. Ash looked from the blonde, to Mikado, and back. They're friends. You can tell...

So what?
He must have been worried about Mikado.
Do you have a point somewhere?
Yes. I would probably do the same thing... if it had been Kaitou or ---
So basically, I don't get to kill anybody today?
That's right.
Goddamnit I hate you.

The pain in Ash's head ceased and she met the blonde teen's eyes. They were much nicer now. She smiled. "... Y-yeah. It's okay. I'm fine."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Mikado couldn't help but laugh at Masaomi and his phone service...and his flirting with the conflicted girl he now knew as Ash.

"Kida-kun! You should get your phone fixed! I-I mean....what if something serious really happened and I couldn't check up on you?"

Mikado couldn't help looking at the two other people with him. The three of them must have looked like a strange group of kids, judging by the mild stares they were receiving. It was getting late and more people were starting to come out and enjoy the night life, more people to observe them--like some people he knew enjoyed doing. He idly wondered if those middle schoolers were sleeping or camped out in some warehouse smoking and drinking alcohol, tapping a metal bar to their propped up knees like they did in that one yankee drama he saw on TV. If that were the case, he wouldn't be surprised. He just hoped no one saw that note--

His attention snapped back to the situation at hand. "My things?" He blinked, eyes wide then scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "It's...it's nothing, just ran into some middle schoolers. It's alright. I'll look for them."

"Ah, hello Ash-san." Mikado smiled when the girl introduced herself. "I can vouch for Kida-kun right here. He's a good guy--flirtatious, and can be pretty stupid, but he's loyal, brave and like I mentioned, a good guy."

How much of this was still true? Mikado knew there was much more to his best friend, but he didn't want the new girl to know more than what was necessary. He didn't want any more people getting involved as it was.

Mikado just smiled.

Back to top Go down
Kida, Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:06 am

Masaomi smiled. "That's good! I'm really sorry about that!" he said as he helped Ash to her feet. "Ah, but it must be fate toying with us. How could a man, like me, ever think about wanting to hurt such a lovely lady, like you? That must be the price of being so young!" he ranted as he threw one of his hands to his forehead. "Why must I be so reckless?!" he half-yelled.

He laughed, flashing a goofy smile. "Aww, Mikado worries about me! Haha, don't worry bro, I'm a man. I can take care of myself," he said reassuringly. "I would," he started, "but that costs money and I am still a broke, jobless little hot mess of a high schooler! he explained eccentrically, throwing an arm around Mikado's shoulders. Truth be told, he had gotten his phone fixed, but the poor device had taken one beating too many. Masaomi mentally kicked himself for all the times where he had dropped, thrown, and broke his phone. It was a wonder how that thing was able to keep working. . .

He nodded, not really in the mood for prying the information out from his best friend. He could always ask him about it later or at school. "Hey! I know I go in without thinking a lot, but I am not stupid! You hurt my feelings Mikado!" Masaomi exclaimed as he faked a few sobs.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:07 am

Mikado rolled his eyes at the hyper blonde's antics.

"Really, Kida-kun, and at a time like this?" Mikado chuckled before shaking his head in disappointment as if he were a parent berating a young child. "Anyways, I know you need other people to contain yourself. I get it, I get it, there there now...don't cry." Mikado laughed lightly as he awkwardy patted the fake distraught teenager, sighing as a strange rush of normalcy shot through him.

The blue eyed teen with various cuts and slight injuries shifted his weight when his leg started to feel numb. Instantly he hissed as the action disturbed the fresh injury, as blood continued oozing out of the gash on his knee. "Umm...I think I need to err...get this fixed up."

Mikado looked between Kida and Ash, then spotted the remains of his phone right behind them. He narrowed his eyes at the broken device before limping to the street and picking it up with trembling fingertips. This phone...

He checked the chip to see if it was damaged, and to his utter luck, it was cracked in 3. Why did this have to happen?

As he made his way back to the two teenagers, the Dollars' leader weighed his options. He could...contact Izaya to find out more about these mysterious middle schoolers, or perhaps he could ask him about his phone and all the contacts on it. How would he get a new phone too? He lived on a limited budget....

Mikado released a heavy sigh as he turned his attention to Ash and Kida and gestured towards his bloody knee. "Does anyone know where I can clean this? Somewhere nearby?" His vision swam in front of him and he blinked. "Umm...I don't think I can make it back to my apartment."

Back to top Go down
Kida, Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:32 am

"There's my place, I've got that first-aid kit you made me keep. Think you can make the walk over there?" he offered. Masaomi walked over to Mikado, placing the black haired boy's arm around his shoulders and his own hand at his waist.

He considered questioning Mikado on the way there. If there were any middle schoolers chasing the Dollars' leader down, he'd show them. Masaomi sighed. This is why he has to be more careful, Mikado could have gotten seriously beaten up and he wasn't around to help. Hell, he wasn't even sure what he was doing before he ran into Ash and the other boy earlier. His head filled with thoughts like 'It's my fault', 'I should have been there', 'Why can't I protect him?'. Masaomi stopped himself before he just took off with his best friend; he didn't want to be rude.

"Izumi-chan, do you want to come with us?" he offered politely.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:58 am

Ash giggled. These two were really funny. She blinked when the boy Mikado called 'Kida-kun' asked her to join them and quickly responded. "Oh! Yes, of course! I am the one who knocked him down. I'm still very sorry about that! Just let me... Um..."

Ash looked around. Where was it? she thought. Her eyes scanned the ground and caught on what she'd been looking for. She smiled. There you are! She reached down and grabbed the strap of the Lucifer Blade's scabbard. She'd felt it leave her shoulder when she had fallen and was happy that it hadn't gone too far away. It was her only means of finding her family.

It hasn't been all that helpful though has it?
Sure it has! We found Darren didn't we?
Wow. One guy in six years. We're on a roll.

Ash ignored her other's sarcasm and swung the blade across her back. She turned and smiled at the two boys. "Okay, lead the way!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)   

Back to top Go down

Persuasion at its Finest (OPEN)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1