Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Do's and Dont's in RP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaniCojo
Admin
DaniCojo

Do's and Dont's in RP Empty
PostSubject: Do's and Dont's in RP   Do's and Dont's in RP I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Here are a few "Do's and Dont's" on roleplaying! Of course, these are only a few basic things! Please feel free to comment on this thread with your own!

Do:

Include lots of description and comparisons in your posts.

Use dialogue that other people can understand.

Include movement such as walking, drinking, smelling, etc.

Use your character's five senses.

Describe the surrounding environment.

Research before you post. If you are responding to a particular topic, learn about it before you just make something up.

Follow the guidelines of the universe in which you are posting.

Remember to use good grammar, punctuation, and spelling. It is appreciated.

Think of creative titles for your threads...they are more likely to attract others to come post.

Be realistic.

Use links to pictures rather than including the images in your post. People appreciate not having to wait for them to load.

Chose an avatar for your character quickly. Avatars really do have a lot to do with how much "action" your character can get from other players. If no one knows what you look like, they really don't think about you.

Don't:

Take an insult to your character personally. It is just a character, insulting another character...that is all.

Use less than 6-8 sentences per post. While they don't have to be novels, less than that and you border the "one-liner" category once more.

Break the rules of the universe in which you are role playing.

Think your character is invincible. If they are, then they aren't a very good character. No one wants to role play with a god, especially if they always have to be right.

Post song lyrics unless your character (as in ~you~) wrote them. It chews up space and drives others nuts. And in most cases, they don't even read them, just skip over them to the other parts.

Use large pictures for your signature. Some people still have dial-up and it takes time to load those large pictures.

Get mad if you don’t get a boyfriend/girlfriend right away. The boards aren't meant as a dating service. RP romance is more than acceptable, but it takes more than 5 minutes of talking for people to fall in love.
Back to top Go down
http://danicojo.tumblr.com/

Do's and Dont's in RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play :: Miscellaneous Fun and Games :: Tips and Techniques :: Roleplay Tips-
Jump to: