Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Zyosetsu Fujimoto

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zyosetsu Fujimoto

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Name: Zyosetsu Fujimoto

Gang (optional): Neutral.

Physical Appearance: Zyo has a very slim exterior, with smooth pale skin. His hair is medium-length black which completely veils his left eye, whilst flaring just above his right. Usually dressing in dark colors, people do not see him lurking about - Unless he wanted them to. On special occasions, he will dress very festively and with very odd class. While he looks weak, he is very flexible and has an unrecognized athletic build due to lower body training such as free running.

Eye color: An eerie green in his right eye, while his left is a dim purple with a horrible burn scar leading to his ear, which is always hidden.

Hair color/style: His hair is completely black, medium-length, enough to cover his left eye with his bangs.

Height: 5"11

Clothes: He wears darker clothes than one would usually expect. Occasionally wearing a robe that would signify royalty, and on other times, a flower robe showing festivity. He can be seen wearing a tailcoat more often than any other clothing accessory. Zyosetsu has never been seen with a hat on, though, nor without sleeves to cover his arms, covering several gashes and scars - even fresh cuts from time to time.

What brings them to Ikebukuro? While dealings in other parts of the world are grand, Ikebukuro seems to bring him the most profit. Everyone is wanting guidance, and he provides it to them, at a cost of course. There are also gangs that need arms, or other various items that Zyo would usually have on stock. And of course, for the older generation, he loves to scam the gambling addicts out of their money. He justifies these things by stating that he is not exploiting their weaknesses, but rather allowing them to acknowledge and strengthen them before someone else is able to target them.

Other: Zyosetsu comes off as being very stoic, yet still extremely flirtatious. He seems to always be passive in one-on-one fights and tends to attack from a distance with minimal strength shown, although he rarely gets on anyones bad side enough to get into a fight. However, he is extremely tactical due to being alone for so long, and has found pride in it, believing that he would be able to take over an entire city in the matter of a few hours; though physically impossible to do. He enjoys fun times and peace, but is always able to fit in time for any sorts of socializing, though it isn't known for him to have any girlfriends, only sexual partners and friends with benefits that he doesn't seem to care about very much. In a way he is also a con-man, able to talk his way out of many situations, yet hides a vital weakness; he is very lonely, and only wishes for a friend. If someone were to honestly offer it, he would be wary of them and take it offensively, showing his strong distrust for mankind due to his inability to establish friendships, and only acquaintances.

Last edited by Zyosetsu Fujimoto on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roppi
Roppi

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:32 am

To me, it seems that Zyo has no visible flaws; not only that, but he is very overpowered. He "can take over a city in the matter of a few hours"? You can't have a character with too much power! It can take away the fun of the experience for other players if your character is allowed to basically call all the shots.

Also, Zyo is very similar to if not a carbon copy of Izaya. You've changed the eye color and clothing, but he has the same occupation, the same sort of personality and even the same exact attitude towards humans. For example:

"Human beings are weak things, and if you know everything about their race and thoughts, you can rule them as if they were nothing but puppets on strings."

• "...but is always able to fit in time for humans - because they are nothing but pawns to him to gather."

You even say that his fashion sense is "much like that of Izaya Orihara," and that he is also one who uses parkour. He is "very crafty and cunning - able to talk his way out of any situation, or escape from one on foot"? Sounds exactly like Izaya.

Please change your app. He cannot be accepted as he is now.
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 am

To be quite frank you asked me to take a look at the character you put up and I have to say I agree with Roppi. This character is extremely similar to Izaya and has no weaknesses that I can see. He's over powered and you need to alter him. I can not accept this OC either.

Additionally while it's okay to have mysteries from the other character WE need to know things. If you say no one knows what his left eye looks like you could later do anything you want with that including giving him an eye that turns people to stone. Likewise with his arms. What is he hiding? For all we know it's a tattoo but it could winde up being something that overpowers the character. As a result there can be no mysteries on the app itself. Don't worry, it will be 'player knowledge' not 'character knowledge when you rp them.
Back to top Go down
Roppi
Roppi

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 am

Thank you, Seliphra, I noticed that too.

Better, Zyo, I like that you added some character flaws. I still have a few things:

"There are also gangs that need arms, or other various items that Zyo would usually have on stock. And of course, for the older generation, he loves to scam the gambling addicts out of their money. He justifies these things by stating that he is not exploiting their weaknesses, but rather allowing them to acknowledge and strengthen them before someone else is able to target them."

I don't really understand this part. He's a spiritual guide but he has bad dealings and exploits weaknesses in others so people can "target them"?

And you still don't explain what exactly a spiritual guide does, because you've said little more than "he gives guidance" (which is pretty self-explanatory) in addition to things that a "spiritual guide" normally wouldn't do. I don't see very many changes; you've just changed "informant" to "spiritual guide" and reworded most of your app.
Back to top Go down
Zyosetsu Fujimoto

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:33 am

This is all because Zyosetsu is an original character. He has similarities to Izaya that are uncommon, but it doesn't link them in any way.

A spiritual guide would be someone who guides someone in life; sort of being their personal therapist and telling them what to do in order to succeed and whatnot. Much like what Izaya did with Masaomi's love interest.

Zyosetsu justifies his wrong doings, exploiting them, by saying that he is strengthening the weaknesses of the people he guides for when others identify and target that individual's weakness in order to hurt them. He leads them to believe that he is actually protecting them so that they will follow in what he says without a second thought.
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:35 am

I agree with Roppi, I still think his personality is still just too similar. While there are many people like it you've got him dressing like Izaya 'Darker clothing that usual' with styles worn occasionally by the Izaya alts 'a flowing robe for festivities' -Sakuraya. 'robe that would signify royalty' - Hibiya.

In his other section 'comes off as being very stoic, yet still extremely flirtatious. He seems to always be passive in one-on-one fights and tends to attack from a distance with minimal strength shown, ' I'm sorry but it really is exactly like Izaya there.
SO is the fact that he doesn't trust anyone and yet fits right into the crowd.

Like Roppi said you did very little to revamp the character but thank you for removing the mysteries.

Maybe add a weaknesses section, he's clearly physically strong but he needs obvious weaknesses. If you add that I won't mind the similarities in personality and fighting styles but you need to fix the carreer thing still.

While similarities in people happen they just don't occur to this degree in real life. If he's actually scamming people as a spirit guide you need to say so but if he genuinely believes in his job you need to say that too and fix his personality to match it.
Back to top Go down
Hibi-chan
Admin
Hibi-chan

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 am

I have been watching as other mods and admins have responded to this, and while your description is helpful to understanding what you mean by certain terms, I still cannot see how this helps with the points being made.

You use Izaya as an example for explaining "spiritual guide" and this only leads me to see him as similar to Izaya. Based on the events that happened this morning, I can only see this as an attempt to play Izaya without being the canon character himself. He is far too similar to Izaya, enough so that it cannot really be overlooked. And, from this standpoint I cannot in good conscience allow him to go through and be accepted.

I want to see a character who is distinguishable from Izaya. And right now, that is not what I am seeing. This has been pointed out by numerous admins/mods, and I think we all stand together on this and will not accept him at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Zyosetsu Fujimoto

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:46 am

Would you rather I make a new character entirely?

Zyosetsu's weaknesses are obvious due to the details I've given. He lacks physical strength, unable to hold his own in a true fight and would rather slyly attack from a distance or while veiled. He lacks trust, so he's unable to have allies or friends to back him up, only enemies. He's mentally unstable due to the self-mutilation on both his arm and eye, and only lives for money. If anything, he's the incarnation of Greed and Pride mixed together into a manifested being.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo
Admin
DaniCojo

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am

To be quite blunt, this entire thread bothers me. I will clearly state that I do not trust you, Zyo. I have only spoken to you a few times, but in those few messages I have learned to not believe what you say.

When you first posted an Izaya application in the OC section, I thought it may have been a mistake. However, you replied with this, which immediately sent off a red flag in my mind:

Quote :
"Very well. I have noticed the rules and made the Canon Izaya as an original character in attempts to bypass them by being the best Izaya possible, but clearly that wasn't going to go over very clearly."

I clearly told you that making an OC that is a copy of a Canon is not allowed. I also said you were welcome to make OC's, but not as a replacement for a canon. You replied saying that you understood the rules and did not plan on breaking them. However here you are, posting an OC, that is a copy of Izaya. I am certain that this is an attempt to try and RP Izaya in some shape or form although I clearly told you that we already have applicants for Izaya and are not accepting anymore.

In less that 24 hours, you have broken two rules and lied to an admin. I am honestly surprised we have not already applied some form of discipline. I suppose we're giving benefit of the doubt, but I can assure you that you're under a close watch.

Now, as previous staff members have asked before, we would like you to redo the entire oc application and actually make a character from scratch, not using Izaya is a template to change and add things here and there.
Back to top Go down
http://danicojo.tumblr.com/
DaniCojo
Admin
DaniCojo

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:57 am

Oh, and a side note: I suggest you stop being stubborn and stop trying to skirt around the rules. As I have told you before, they are there for a reason. Follow the rules of the forum or else we'll have to ban your account.
Back to top Go down
http://danicojo.tumblr.com/
Zyosetsu Fujimoto

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:05 am

These are all unjustified assumptions, to be honest.

If you care to see the true character sheet of Zyosetsu Fujimoto, you may, and you will see that he is in no way linked to Izaya. This OC isn't an attempt to be a knock-off Canon of Izaya, this has absolutely nothing to do regarding Izaya. There are a few similarities, I will admit, but that's because Zyosetsu is based off of who I truly am - Who is also someone that is similar to Izaya, which is a reason why I originally wanted to be him. Yet you assume that he's not original, because he's pieced together by other users' Izaya alts or because he's based off of a Canon Izaya template, when it's completely untrue.

I haven't lied, nor have I broken but one rule. A new person to a site usually does by mistake.

If you still don't see it my way, then I will make a new original character on a later date.

Respectfully yours,

-Zyosetsu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zyosetsu Fujimoto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zyosetsu Fujimoto   Zyosetsu Fujimoto I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zyosetsu Fujimoto
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play :: Graveyard :: Characters-
Jump to: