Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
L-Rules17
L-Rules17

L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval Empty
PostSubject: L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval   L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Full Name: Shino Tsuchimaru
Nickname(s): Taizen
Birthdate: August 17th

Physical Appearance: Shino is a handsome young man of 5'11'' and 155 lbs, distinguished by his delicate facial features and his unusual silver hair which he dyed when he was youger. His hair is kept in a mildly short, spiky cut, with spiky strands covering his forehead, and other, longer ones jutting upwards from the top of his head. Shino has rather unusual colored eyes; being green with a bit of a yellow coloration due to a genetic defect. Shino has both his ears pierced with a silver stud in each ear and a silver-band ring on his right middle finger. Shino wears a black coat with a wide collar, over a red shirt covered in many flower-like motifs, black pants and white sneakers, each adorned by a pair of light green stripes.Shino doesnt have a lot of muscle, just enoungh to keep in shape.

Personality: Shino has a somewhat carefree personality and is regularly late for appointments. This is often because he loses track of time. Shino has a rather solitary and matter-of-fact attitude. His calm and detached demeanour has been called "cool". Despite his increasingly growing reputation and prowess as a fighter, Shino has shown no signs of arrogance, and is rather modest about his abilities. His naturally calm attitude is used to his advantage in battle, as it becomes easier for him to maintain his composure and stay focused on the situation at hand, and notice everything around him. As a result, he can quickly adjust to any situation to make keen and thought-out decisions.

When it comes to fighting, Shino has a sense of honor and respects strength and determination. He only fights one-on-one because he believes the most honorable fights are fought one-on-one. Shino is against the idea of needless fighting, meaning he wont fight anyone who doesnt have the strength to defend themselves. Shino is always doing selflessness acts and puts other's well being above his own, especially his sisters'. Shino does not take kindly to those who abuse or take advantage of women. This stems from his willingness and determination to protect his sisters.

Background: Shino was born in Ikebukuro and is the eldest of three children; having two younger sisters. Shino's father was a military officer and his mother was a dance instructor. Growing up, Shino was taught how to fight in the style of Military Cambat. Aiko had an accident and was hit by a car which caused her to be paralyzed from the waist down. Shino, Aiko, and Misaki all attended school; while Aiko and Misaki liked it and made friends, Shino only liked it until middle school. He would constantly get into fights to protect girls he didnt even know. When his sisters attended middle school, Shino was extra protective and dealt even worse punishment. They moved to Kyoto because of the constant fights Shino gets ito. Even though they moved, Shino still faught through highschool.

One day, Shino started fighting this guy who was making fun of Aiko and Misaki. It was a completely one sided fight as Shino severely beat this guy. The guy's friends jumped in to help but to no avail, as Shino disposed of them before returning to the guy. In the end, the guy had a broken leg, broken arm in several places, cracked ribs, and a fractured jaw. The guy had a punctured lung from a cracked rib but survived. Shino was sent to prison for 5 years on attempted murder charge. When Shino was released at age 22, the atmosphere around his house changed. Their mother would just head to work, come home, eat dinner, and go to bed hardly ever speaking a word to anyone.

That caused major heartache for his father who blames himself for teaching Shino how to fight. One night, around midnight, Misaki got up for a drink of water cause she could sleep. She noticed someone was in the backyard and went to see who it was. Misaki saw her father standing there. Misaki got closer and her father pulled the trigger and shot himself. She stood there in shock and with blood splatter on her. Everybody came out of the house and while his mother ran to the body, Shino ran to Misaki. The shock was too great for Misaki to handle, so she had a minor mental breakdown.

That put a bigger strain on the family, as Shino put his mother in a retirement home and gain full guardianship over his sisters. Shino moved back to Ikebukuro with his sisters. Once there, he buys a three bedroom apartment (which has an elevator making it easy for Aiko. When the elevator beacks down, Shino has to carry Aiko up five flights of stairs.) for him and his sisters. He also gets therapy for Misaki and she is doing really well. An old friend of Shino's, who works in the movie business, put in a good word and got Shino a job. Shino was the personal driver/bodyguard for a actress. She thought he was perfect for the job because he was in jail on attempted murder and with him, no one is getting to her. Shino doesnt complain beacuse how good the job pays. A year or two later, Shino got an invitation to join the Dollars which he accepted and got the password to enter the site. His online name for the Dollars and chat rooms became Taizen. Shino hasnt seen nor spoke to his mother since he moved back to Ikebukuro.

Close relationships: Aiko, Misaki
Current Occupation: Personal Driver/Bodyguard to an up & comming actress
Gang: Dollars
Strengths: Fighting, Evasive Driving, Cooking, Accuracy, Calm head in dangerous situations

Weaknesses: Romance (he is not used to it, so he has to ask his sisters for dating tips), Sisters (he wont do anything that might cause them to get hurt), High Open Places, Minor Vertigo

Fears/Insecurities: Losing his sisters, Arachnophobia
Dislikes: Salty foods, Strong smells, Anything BBQ
Driving force: Aiko and Misaki
Hobbies: Reading, Chess, Yoga

Last edited by L-Rules17 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval   L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi there! You have an interesting concept and your character is well described but there were a couple of concerns I had too.
  • You say he spent only a year in juvinile detention for killing someone, however he would not be released at 18 in the states, he would be released at 21 with a charge like murder in the second degree and at 17 they would more than likely try him as an adult. Meaning 7 or more years.

• He's actually underweight for his height. I'm 5'4" and 130 somone who is 5'11" and muscled(I am assuming so because he can fight) would weigh closer to 160 lbs

• Japanese people do not have silver hair and green/yellow eyes, please explain where he got these features if he is not fully japanese or was adopted

• Was there a reason for moving to the states? Japanese military oficers usually stay in Japan(they do not have a big military there but typically if you serve in one country they don't let you serve in another)

• His father commited suicide right in front of them. This is a HIGHLY traumatic experience it is extremely difficult losing a parent at a young age, especially to something like suicide and right in front of you. Please go into detail about the trauma he suffered from witnessing such an event OR why no trauma was suffered.

• Why did he immediately kidnap his sisters and take them to japan? Does he not care for his mother who is now grieving her husband? And yes, because he is not the parent and did not have consent from his mother it would be kidnapping to take his sisters to japan

• It would help to add another couple of weaknesses, his strengths and personality currently outnumber his flaws as a human being and his weaknesses. No one is perfect and while it's okay to be honourable and good looking he needs a little more to balance him out -maybe he can't climb ladders because he's so afraid of heights, or he can't swim because he has a paralyzing fear of water.

All in all he looks good, but he does need some adjustment, thanks!
Back to top Go down
L-Rules17
L-Rules17

PostSubject: Re: L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval   L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Give me some time and I'll edit it
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval   L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:32 pm

He's definitely better but I still see a couple of things that might cause problems...

• You've described him as confident, handsome and a bit mysterious. Most women would find him very attractive and go after him so why does he have trouble with women? Does he have a social anxiety disorder? Trauma related specifically to women who abused him in some way? This needs a bit more detail than he's just bad at it.

• With jail time how did he get a job driving/protecting an actress? Most people with a record -even a foreign one- would have trouble getting any job at all it's difficult to find people willing to trust so maybe go into detail about how he was hired by her?

• Apartments in Japan are generally small and a bit cramped and the buildings many stories high when you're not making a lot so go into detail about that as well, perhaps they live on the ground floor in case the elevator breaks down? Does he have to carry his sister up the stairs when it does or is she stuck either in their apartment or on the ground floor until it's fixed?

• A dishonerable discharge occurs when the officer has broken a law and teaching you kids how to fight isn't against the law anywhere so perhaps his father simply blamed himself for everything that had happened?

• You've removed the part about living abroad but kept the 'moved back to Ikebukuro'. Did they perhaps live somewhere else in Japan or in a different prefacture of Tokyo? Perhaps they were someplace like Hokkaido or Kyoto?

Other than that he's looking much better and sorry if this seems a bit of a bother, we just want to iron everything out ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval   L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L-Rules17 Character - Waiting Approval
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play :: Community :: Rules & Information :: Characters Submissions-
Jump to: