Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Anime/Manga fandoms!

Go down 
+4
Dr.randomllama
Cheeze
Mekena
TheNinjaKawasaki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheNinjaKawasaki

Anime/Manga fandoms! Empty
PostSubject: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Hey everyone - so I was just wondering,

What other animes and mangas have you guys read/enjoyed? Are there any that you'd recommend for those that love Durarara!! ? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mekena
Sophmore
Mekena

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:26 pm

I'd recommened Baccano!, the light novel is by the creator of Durarara!!.
It's basically 3 different stories happeneing in 3 different years, all conected to eachother somehow. It's got stuff to do with immortality and there's a whole big plot to it. Very Happy
But something I would add is that it's a bit gory.
Genre is Adventure; Comedy; Fantasy.

There's a whole lot of other manga and anime that's I've seen/read. What I do to get good ones is look at the animes with the same voiceactor. ^u^

As for manga, I'd go for the Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) and Pandora Hearts manga. It's such a big plot and the characters are well developed, there's an anime but it only goes so far. ):

Yeah, that's about it. Is there any you like?

Back to top Go down
Cheeze
Cheeze

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 am

^What she said. I started part of Baccano! but I haven't had the time lately. It seems really interesting though. The first season on Black Butler was fun too. I loved Code Geass, for what it's worth and I've been searching around too, for animes like Drrr, and I've found this one called Darker than Black but I haven't seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
Dr.randomllama
Dr.randomllama

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:00 pm

I have just tasted a new series. Sword Art It is about these people that sign into an online virtual game with these headsets however the game creator traps them there. If you try to escape the game you die.

I am already a fan of the animation style~ Even though I've only seen one episode.

I also highly recommend a manga called Silver Diamond. Everything about the story/characters is connected to one another so it seems complex yet it's easy to follow. It is also very commical too! (I slash some characters together)

Those are the recommendations I have for now, but I probably think more will come eventually. XD
Back to top Go down
Kyouko
Kyouko

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm

GINTAMA~! Trust me, you will not regret ANYTHING...

If you do regret it (which I hope you won't), try Working!. Iza-chan has the same seiyuu as Hiro-chan; Shizu-chan has he same seiyuu as Jun-chan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dainzz-phantomfingers.blogspot.com
Katojiku

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 am

Hm... some series I'd recommend are Kuroko no Basuke, Black Cat, and Ao no Exorcist. I recommend reading the manga for the last two.

Digimon isn't bad either (you'd be surprised at how deep some of the plotlines are) *has been a fan of Digimon for almost ten years*
Back to top Go down
http://allthesociallinks.tumblr.com
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:48 pm

I've never heard of Black Cat before, but I've watched the others that your talking about Katojiku.
Back to top Go down
Katojiku

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Black Cat is really awesome :3 Here's the Wikipedia page since I can't trust myself in explaining it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mekena
Sophmore
Mekena

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Ah, Kuroko no Basuke! It's really interesting, even though I'm not a fan of sport animes. One of the characters (Akashi) and Izaya have the same seiyuu, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Katojiku

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:10 pm

asdfghjkl Same with Shizuo and Midorima *trying desperately not to fangirl too much*
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks for that link to the Black Cat wiki page Katojiku. I'm reading the series now.
Back to top Go down
Katojiku

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:16 pm

You're welcome~! How do you like it so far? owo
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 am

So far I think it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Kistune
Kistune

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 am

I'd recommend Black Cat I haven't read the manga but the anime is pretty good. I'm really into adventure/action and comedy anime/manga genre I also watched Fairytail and I'm half way through Bleach. They are both really good but if any of you wants to watch bleach just be ready for a bit of strong language over all it is really funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga fandoms!   Anime/Manga fandoms! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime/Manga fandoms!
Page 1 of 1