Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Ed's Rant on Yaoi And Seme/Uke Stereotyping.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ed's Rant on Yaoi And Seme/Uke Stereotyping. Empty
PostSubject: Ed's Rant on Yaoi And Seme/Uke Stereotyping.   Ed's Rant on Yaoi And Seme/Uke Stereotyping. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 am

Hi people. I haven't really been active on the site, and I've pretty much left. Though I still drop in and see how things are doing if I don't hear from Aruna, L.KadNen, Fate, or Bounce.
I have something I would like to share with you today. Its just a simple rant, nothing too special about it. This probably won't be edited, as I'm not feeling the best right now, and I just want to get it over with <.<'
I had to rewrite this, because I could not find my original rant, so here you go.
WARNING: There may be language. If you disagree with something I've said, post. We'll have a chat. I'm sorry if anything I have said offends anybody, I probably did not mean to.

This was inspired by someone I met at a recent con. I was cosplaying. The character was Lavi, from D.Gray-man. But this is not the most important here. I am sorry to say this, but she was in the plainest terms, a 'kawaii desu yaoi otaku fangirl weaboo hideous-kawaii fake-FtM monster'. Honestly, she made me want to absolutely SCREAM, but I'm supposed to be nice to her, because... Well.... Her brother was there. That dude was scary as all hell. I had to be nice or else...... Be possibly beaten to death and left in a ditch <.<;;
BUT THAT IS ENOUGH OF THAT
And low let us get to the REAL rant.

Heh-hem.
This girl posted something along the lines of......
Spoiler:
To tumblr. (a while after I took a screenshot she has deleted the post)
The girl in my rant went through a lot of shit online, we just have to keep that in mind. Ok so its clear to see that she is a little... Off. Early on she thought that all the people harassing her were two girls from her school. As soon as school started up she wanted to have a meeting with her principal to have the two girls expelled for harassing her online. She refused to believe that they had nothing to do with it and it was all 4chan's fault. She tried, and people just put her down at the beginning, and she morphed into a complete psycho.
And after six months of shit from people, she left that comment on tumblr, and disappeared (pretty much) from the internet.
No, wait.
two years and six months of shit from people.
Yes, she did set it up for herself.
If she did a few things differently at the beginning, things may not have turned out this way.

I have spoken to this girl a lot, and some things she said really bugged me.
Just so you know, unless that you're in an BDSM relationship style, most homosexual couples do not fall into any uke/seme stereotype? That's kind of insulting to real gay couples to assume that fantasy manga is an accurate interpretation of real life.
Yes, there are little, girly, gay men, (note: my brother) but most are just normal, average, guys that just happen to be atracted to dick. So that doesn't mean every single gay couple out there is one part rapey, asshole 'seme', and one part teary, whiney, chick-with-a-dick 'uke'. Yaoi is unrealistic, and frankly rather insulting, and I would like to believe anyone with a hint of common sense would realize this.
Don't get me wrong, I like gay, I like yaoi, I like girly boys, but I know yaoi IS NOT real life, and is no way based on real life. Its based on Japanese and or fangirl ideals of gay relationships. The relationships in most yaoi manga are abusive, shallow, and unrealistic.
In fact, just throwing a fact out here, that the seme/uke stereotypes are as they are because Japan is actually, rather homophobic. The ukes are so girly, and the seme so "manly-man" because parts of Japan is/has been 'afraid' of "real gay". I won't say much more on this particular subjesct though. Partly because I do not want to offend (?) more people than I possibly already have today.
There is something else I wanted to adress, but I think THAT rant will be for another time.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RANT INCOMPLETE.
Back to top Go down

Ed's Rant on Yaoi And Seme/Uke Stereotyping.
Page 1 of 1