Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-

Go down 
+2
Mekena
Seliphra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- Empty
PostSubject: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 pm

The forbidden letter! As you go through a new letter is forbidden as in you go from the letter a to the letter z and each post has a new forbidden letter. You must type your ENTIRE post without using that letter! Your post MUST be longer than a few words and you can not simply omit the letter OR make up words. As in say the letter forbidden is W:
Okay post: If one had been born at such a time, could they not then also be around for a second go?
NOT okay post: (omitting w) *ould it be okay if *e did that?
NOT okay post: (omitting s)I do notice your lame-ity
See the difference? Some are easy and some are hard. If you mess up your post and use the forbidden letter, the next person does the letter you screwed up, for example (we'll use w again)

Post 1: Could it be that all this is a lie and we don't see it?
Post 2: It could be so if one has used the letter that had been forbidden to them =)

The only part you WILL post your letter is at the start of your post for instance if your letter is C you would type it at the top so everyone knows what letter you are avoiding and then your post with no C's in it.
So who want's to play~? I'll start of course and the letter is...

A:
This is not so difficult to do for some of these letters, however it will become so once this progresses further...fun tidbits of knowledge could be posted too!
Back to top Go down
Mekena
Sophmore
Mekena

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:27 pm

B:

This will create an interesting atmosphere of everyone's writing style. And speaking of fun specks of knowledge, how is this?
"Ma is as selfless as I am" is the same whichever way it is read. They're called palindromes, can you think of any others?
Back to top Go down
athdlg
athdlg

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:26 pm

C:

I'm just starting out, but this game seems fun to do. I'm already having a hard time trying to think of words that do not start with my forbidden letter. Anywho, I like this idea. It makes me think.

As for the palindromes, I know a few. The one I like to refer to the most is madam.
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 pm

D:

The letter which I cannot use looks like a face with the colon next to it. I must say this letter can be less than pleasant to not use as it is in many of those things we use to write, though the thing I refer to contains the letter I cannot use so you may have to guess...
Back to top Go down
Mekena
Sophmore
Mekena

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 pm

E:

I show, a buck grin! Say, do you guys ship anybody in Durarara!! ? I ship Shizaya. I am having a tiny bit of difficultly, for this is so common! I will triumph, though, such as now! Today, I claim an ability of finding warm coats! It is cold, now!
Back to top Go down
Kistune
Kistune

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 am

D:
Yo guys I'm new here and this game is fun. I just love Izaya still he behaves like a jerk but I guess he is a original character. I'm running out of things to say that hasn't got the letter that I can't say. This is really changing my writing style.
Back to top Go down
EreAsha (Kasuka)
EreAsha (Kasuka)

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:08 pm

First off, the letters go in order of the alphabet. You aren't supposed to just pick any letter you want. Meaning, you should have had 'F', not 'D'.

F:
Really, I wonder... It is hard to type something without a certain letter, isn't it? But I'm doing it. Or seem to be, anyway. Haha. Playing this game let's you see just how much you use a certain letter.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesanimefanart.tumblr.com/
Mekena
Sophmore
Mekena

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:34 pm

G:
Oh man, to use the letter ‘f’ would have been difficult for me! I tend to use the word ‘if’ a lot. Anyways, I am excited for season 2! Because, well, not because of Izaya, but because of the plot, you know? Yeah, that’s why.
Now, can we summon a new season of Pandora Hearts?
Back to top Go down
EreAsha (Kasuka)
EreAsha (Kasuka)

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:13 pm

H:
I'm excited of Durarara season two because of it all. Plot is just one good part of it. Wow. I didn't actually reason it'd be difficult to type not using a letter after 'g'. I'd been substituting words and grammar just to type it all out.
Back to top Go down
Mekena
Sophmore
Mekena

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 pm

I:
Oh man, another vowel ;-; Today, at least three cups of tea and ten small chocolate eggs were eaten by me. The best way to feel better when erm, malade. Are words from another language even allowed? Perhaps to sub the word for unwell would be better...

[[Also, how about sub for of substitution? That okay?]]
Back to top Go down
EreAsha (Kasuka)
EreAsha (Kasuka)

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

((I'm not sure. *shrug.))

J:

The tenth letter of the alphabet isn't that hard to avoid. There aren't many words to start a story that use that letter. Plenty of words, for sure, but none to use. I guess this is an easy version of the forbidden letter. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Mekena
Sophmore
Mekena

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:12 pm

K:
Yeah, you're right. Words only are formed when there's a vowel about. Though for this letter, onomatopoeia tends to rely on this letter for sounds of fighting. This letter is sometimes used to glorify other words, such as ‘rulez’, or something. But I wouldn’t worry about not using the letter, but more about what to write about. I just tend to ramble on!
Back to top Go down
EreAsha (Kasuka)
EreAsha (Kasuka)

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:26 pm

L:
Did you know that Japan doesn't have this consonant? Instead, it has 'r' in the position it might be. This is a hard one not to use. It surprises me, how much I use it. Many times, I have to use another word in setting because of the consonant that's forbidden. I guess that it's a used one.

Time to quit when I am ahead, so I don't use it.
Back to top Go down
Haruka
Haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:58 pm

M:

Oh god, it's so hard to play this without using the letter since I always use it every day every second. But peoples kinda spelled the letter wrongly into 'n'. Well, this is so hard...

DONE~
Back to top Go down
EreAsha (Kasuka)
EreAsha (Kasuka)

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:05 pm

N:

This letter. I use it a lot. So much so that I've started this over several times. Wow. Just wow. Who  thought that a simple letter was used a lot. This game, it's creative.  So we have to substitute words for other words.
Back to top Go down
Haruka
Haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 2:29 am

O:

This letter is used everyday when I make a sentence, it is hard that I can't use this letter. This game is very fun! Well then... that's all~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-   The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Forbidden Letter -Forbidden Again-
Page 1 of 1