Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Kikkawa's character application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikkawa

Kikkawa's character application Empty
PostSubject: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 am

Full Name: Kikkawa Kaito
Nickname(s): Reizo (this is his name on the Dollars forum, he chose it because of it's meanings Law, Rule, and Strive)
Birthdate: 7/10/1993
Physical appearance: Standing at six foot two inches with a slim athletic figure his left eye is covered by his black fringe the right eye is crystal blue and has a piercing feel when you look into it, he has thin lips and a well defined jaw. He wears blue boot cut jeans, black military styled boots and a black short sleeved shirt, when it’s cold he wears a long black greatcoat.
He has a tattoo on his top left shoulder of two moons above a sword. He also has a scar going down the left side of his torso from a childhood accident.
Personality:
A calm calculating person Kikkawa Kaito is often the lone wolf staying back and observing the situation before deciding whether or not he wants to join in, he will however take part in a situation he originally decided not to if he sees personal gain. He often shows false emotions to lead people into a situation he seems preferable aiming to get people to trust him.
Although he may not enjoy the company of someone he will always choose to be with someone else instead of sitting home alone, this is due to the guilt he feels underneath the surface of his calm exterior. He has trust issues with other people because of his treatment of people as well as his treatment by his father, he has tried to trust other people but feels that in his current environment it is safer to keep an eye on everyone.
Background:
Born in Ikebukuro to a Japanese father and a British mother his family moved him into the country when he was five to get him away from the fast paced city and let him grow up away from the dangers of gangs. He adjusted well to life in the country and enjoyed his childhood until the age of ten.
When he was ten his house was burgled while he was home just after school, he spotted the burglar and called out for help. The burglar being inexperienced and panicking caught him and stabbed him in the left side before running away with most of the Kikkawa family’s valuables. Kaito spent the next three months in hospital recovering from the stab wound even with the medical attention that he received the wound still left a relatively large scar and appeared long than the knife that made it due to the surgery he needed to stop internal bleeding.
Both Kaito and his father blamed Kaito for the family’s loss of heirlooms that had both sentimental and monetary worth, his father blamed him due to his father’s own insecurities and inability to accept the truth which lead to him building his own reality inside his head in which Kaito was responsible. His father came home drunk and angry one day, which lead to his father abusing him, the abuse slowly got worse to the point where his father didn't do it exclusively when he was drunk but when he felt like it. It was about this time that he withdrew from interacting with people and started observing a situation. His mother did notice however she chose to let it continue on account of her love for Kaito’s father being greater than her love for Kaito. He also started training to become stronger and able to stop a thief the next time, however upon realizing he was unable to be exceptionally strong he began to train to be faster and more agile and able to out manoeuvre stronger opponents, it was about this time that he started to use knives himself.
When he turned sixteen his education stopped, his family was falling apart; his mother had moved back to Britain temporarily to help her elderly parents namely her father who was dying. His own father had kept abusing him from the day he’d left the hospital and without his mother at home he saw himself without reason to stay and so ran away back to Ikebukuro. His formal education ended here because it was the only chance he saw of getting away from his past, however his education has continued on an informal level with him picking up bits from the people he meets and doing online courses.
Back in Ikebukuro he had no real choices other than to join a gang, he spent the two years until he was eighteen doing odd jobs for different gangs picking up skills and connections, by this time he’d managed to get a small apartment and was able to live comfortably. A few weeks after his eighteenth birthday he received an email asking him to join the Dollars a transparent gang with no colours, he joined because of the freedom he perceived and the fact that he wanted to see where it was headed.
Close relationships: He has abandoned the idea of maintaining close relationships choosing to trust
Current occupation (if applicable): Odd jobs man (will do any job as long as the money is right), jobs he has taken part in: bouncer for an underground club, barman, debt collector and cleaner.
Gang (if applicable): Dollars, he chose to join the Dollars because he was interested in seeing what would become of it, he had a feeling it would become a big thing and wanted to be a part of it. The gangs he did odd jobs for are not listed because he did not feel that he’s a part of them, he was simply hired for occasional jobs which needed an outsider/person with a certain set of skills.
Strengths: [list no more than 5] Agile, Fast, Cunning
Weaknesses: [list no fewer than 3] Weaker than average, Too closed off to the troubles of others (is unable to understand them properly), Falls for the same tricks he plays on people
Fears/Insecurities: He is afraid of commitment, Trusting people and is insecure about the fact that no matter how much he trains he can’t appear to develop muscle.
Dislikes: loneliness, Guns, Cowards
Driving force: He is driven by the desire to become better than he was as a child and able to defend himself and things he cares about. He also wants to one day prove his father wrong.
Hobbies: Smoking and walking, browsing the internet, sparring

Describe your character in three words: Agile, Lost, Alone
If your character were stranded on an island and could only bring two things with them, what would they be?: His knives and some rope
If your character could change anything about themselves, what would they change?: His circumstances he’d of changed how he handled the burglar he’d of been prepared for it.
Your character opens their fridge; what do they see?: A jar of some gone off gooey substance a six pack of beer and two half eaten jars of jam.

Sample Roleplay:
Kaito had just finished a job for one of his regular clients and was walking down the street to the usual café he met his client in, when he noticed the feel of the air had changed. He found himself questioning why he hadn’t noticed until now that it was already winter, he used to be pay attention to details like that, now everything was just a number like how many days he’d been living back in Ikebukuro. He’d been there for one thousand and ten days exactly.
He was sitting down at a table in the café he’d already ordered a black filter coffee before he even realised what he was doing. He needed to stop letting himself become distracted and focus more. He was sitting there for half an hour before his client turned up.

Last edited by Kikkawa on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:57 pm

A few questions need to be answered before he can be accepted:

• Why would the burgaler stab a ten year old instead of just run for it? Clearly no one else was home there's no point in stabbing him and now potentially being up on attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, assault of a minor and attempted murder of a child(Yes, those are all seperate charges he would get for stabbing a ten year old) on top of breaking and entering, theft, grand theft(theft worth over a certain amout and since they were antiques that assumtion can be safely made), possesion of stolen property and sale of stolen property. Most burgalers, when spotted, do not attempt murder, they simply run for it.

• I can understand blaming himself for the property loss but why does his father? There needs to be a reason here because while Kaito was ten and ten year olds blame themselves and sometimes others for things outside the control of most humans his father is an adult and would understand this was not Kaito's fault.

• In abusive situations his mother would have noticed something or been a victim of it herself, abusers do not target a single person, they attack everyone around them. Please explain why she either noticed nothing at all or made no attempt to stop it or save her son/bring him with her when she went to britain.

• You say he had little choice but to join a gang' yet you have him listed only in the Dollars which neither supports criminal activity nor engages in it, please be more specific on this note while keeping in mind that nearly every canon is also in this gang, criminal or otherwise.

• You say his trust issues arrive from his own treatment of people and he refuses to change, however 'because that's just how he's lived so far' is not a great reason. Please go into more detail on this.

• Why did his education simply 'stop'?

• His driving force is no longer enough, while a simple survival instict would have gotten him through a year, it oes take more than that to keep a person going under less than nearly-impossible conditions. At this point there would be emotional damage, psychological damage and a need for companionship, friendship and for other needs besides physical ones to be met according to the 'needs pyramid'(yes, there is such a thing). Survival is not enough.

• You list his occupation as 'Odd jobs', please list what this could include as this could be things like janitoril work and fixing a leaky roof to proffessional theft and assasinations.

• Where does his nickname come from?

• Please explain why a half japanese/half british has not got a japanese last name from his japanese father, Kikkawa is not japanese.

Aside from that it's an interesting concept, I can't wait to see the finished character =)
Back to top Go down
Kikkawa

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Kikkawa is a Japanese last name I'll change the others in a minute. Google Kikkawa Hiroie. it wont let me post a link because I'm new.
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Alright, then it's more commonly a hawaiian last name, we'll let the last name stand, the rest will need to be fixed, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kikkawa

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:49 pm

The rest has been edited tell me if it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:28 am

Almost perfect! I'm still not really understanding the abuse though, were there prior instances or no? Even being insecure himself this would not trigger years of following abuse from a parent. If there were prior abuses and it just got worse that's one thing but the way you've described it makes it sound like it just started out of the blue after being robbed.
Back to top Go down
Kikkawa

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:06 am

Edited again although its been done from my phone this time so if there's any weird punctuation or capitalisation sorry.
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:17 am

Accepted~, thank you for editing~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kikkawa's character application   Kikkawa's character application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kikkawa's character application
Page 1 of 1