Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) Empty
PostSubject: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 am

Full Name: Yushiro Gowa
Nickname(s): Cat ears
Birthdate: August 27

Physical appearance: Yushiro is exactly 6 foot tall, with clean black hair that reaches down to his shoulders, his bangs don’t reach any farther down than his eye brows. He has a smooth face with dull shaded green eyes that always seem to look very bored. When in public, or in school, he always wears his headphones that make him appears like he has two triangular black cat ears on top of his head. His figure is a lanky one, slim and tall, standing at 6 foot tall exactly; he sometimes slouches when he walks so he will appear 5 feet 9 inches tall, he only weighs 145 pounds. He normally wears a traditional Japanese black high school uniform, outside of school days he will usually wear a black/white jacket with a gray T-shirt underneath tucked into blue jeans, and gray tennis shoes.

Personality: Yushiro has found it hard to talk to people, he finds it easier to just stay away from them instead. Even though he seems to almost always wear his headphones, he doesn’t really use them to listen to music, only just to block out noise when he wants to. Despite wearing headphones when someone tries to talk to him, though they believe that he isn’t listening (even when his headphones are off) he is a good listener. He will usually forgive people easily just to make them go away. Though he would like to have a girlfriend his indifference makes it harder for him and it seems to push away everyone. When he’s bored he will listen to music from an MP3 that he keeps in either his school uniform pants or his blue jeans, depending on what day it is. When he is unable to concentrate on something he will study and try to keep his mind off of the other subject, this has made him the top of his class.

Background: During the time that Yushiro was a child he lived in a normal small town, nothing special just a town that made its way in farming. He hand his family were rice farmers for nine years after his birth. One day a young eight year old Yushiro was helping his father with the rice harvesting he had cut his left palm white harvesting some of the rice. His parents took him to the town’s doctor sense the nearest hospital was an hour away. The doctor stitched palm, leaving a scar once the stitches came off.

A few weeks after this incident his parents decided to move to Ikebukuro because Yushiros parents couldn't make enough money as rice farmers. The apartment that they had moved into was fairly nice, clean at least. Next door was a girl that was attending the same middle school as he was. Her name was Rei Ayaka. For the time that they knew each other Yushiro was the odd one, always unable to say an understandable word while she was around, he would also blush near constantly.

Just before their freshman year at Raira Academy Rei died in a car crash along with her father. This had caused Yushiro to think that life was one of the easiest things to lose, but like all people who just lost the one that they loved he decided to isolate himself from the world, however, unlike other people he never got out of this. His parents forced him to leave the house after two months of him only leaving the apartment to go to school. When he did he only went to a coffee house for about an hour and then went back home. His parents wanted him to be more social outside of school, so he bought cat ear headphones and an MP3 player. He wore the headphones everyday sense he bought them.

During his second year at Raira Academy Yushiros mother had died in a hit and run incident. There was a great deal of sorrow from Yushiros father which caused him to lose his job. Under his fathers nose Yushiro applied for a job at a masquerade themed restaurant. After a week of waiting he had gotten accepted for the job. His shift started at 4 PM and wouldn’t end until 9 PM. It took some getting used to a world without his headphones. Sense his mother’s death he has continued his job in order to keep himself and his father in health. His father found out about his job a few days after he had gotten accepted because... well he isn't really a good liar.

Close relationships: Rei Ayaka (before death)
Current occupation (if applicable): Masquerade Restaurant (opens at 4 PM and closes at 9 PM) and student at Raira Academy.
Gang (if applicable): None

Strengths: Studying
Weaknesses:
Indifference- This drives himself away from people and vice versa.
Tiredness-if he gets bored enough he will get very tired and sometimes just fall asleep.
Music- When he hears music while his headphones are on everyone around him seems to disappear.

Fears/Insecurities: His nickname ‘Cat ears’- He dislikes that nickname even though his headphones resemble cat ears.
People talking about Rei- Though it doesn’t come up much he doesn’t like to hear her name because it nearly brings him to tears.
Trying to make friends- This is nearly impossible for him, so he has given up almost entirely, he does try at school sometimes but otherwise he will stay away from people.

Dislikes: To think about Rei, to try to make friends
Driving force: At this point the only thing moving him forward is his job and the fact that his father is still alive.
Hobbies: studying, listening to music

Describe your character in three words: Indifferent, cold, clam
If your character were stranded on an island and could only bring two things with them, what would they be?: His headphones and his MP3
If your character could change anything about themselves, what would they change?: Try to be more friendly.

Your character opens their fridge; what do they see?: Instant ramen, eggs, milk, orange juice.

Sample Roleplay:
Moving to Ikebukuro was a huge change for Yushiro. He had no idea what was going to happen when he first came to a city, but then again he was only nine. Living a life is a simple thing when you’re young, you have no idea about what the world is really like…

"Geez, I really hate having to head to work in broad day light." Yushiro says as he walks out of his apartment building wearing a black vest, a white shirt, dark dress pants and black loafers.

"Well, well. What's this now? Where you headed off to Yushiro?" a Voice calls from behind him. Yushiro puts his hand in his pocket to grab the knife that he keeps with him incase of trouble when it gets dark after work.

The person comes up behind Yushiro and hugs him, he feels the touch of breasts on his back so he knows its a girl. The person lets go and steps back a bit. Yushiro turns around seeing that its Reis sister, she’s older by about a month.

"What do you want Kazumi." Yushiro asks as he takes his hand out of his pocket releasing the knife from his grip.

“Hey, can’t a girl want to know why her younger sister’s boyfriend always leaves home in a waiters getup?” She asks, probably already knowing why he's out now.

“I… We… Ugh, stalker…” Yushiro mumbles to himself blushing a bit at the thought of Rei.

“I’m not a stalker! Ugh, never mind, I won’t tell the school about your job. I like seeing you squirm like that anyway. Later.” Kazumi walks off obviously content.

Yushiro sighs, turns around and walks on heading to work at the Masquerade Café.

Other: I’ll try and draw Yushiro in his school uniform (w/ and w/o headphones) and him in his normal clothes (w/ and w/o headphones).

Last edited by AceofSpades on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 2:50 am

Okay, good foundation but he needs a few twerks to make him ready for roleplay!

• At 6 feet tall and 110 pounds he is anorexic. Either increase his weight to something healthy or list that he is anorexic and starves himself.

• WHY did his parents give up their farm and move to Ikebukuro? Nobody uproots their family and changes their careers for no reason.

• It would be unneccesary for him to get a job to raise money for his mothers surgery in a country with free healthcare. She would have gotten the surgery immediately.

• He would not be allowed a job unless he is the sole breadwinner for his family. As he doesn't have to raise money for a free operation he has no excuse for a part time job as a high school student. In Japan you must have very dire circumstances and permission from the school board to have a part-time job.

• Why does the scar burn when he touches anything? I have a rather nasty one on my palm myself and all it does is feel a bit tight if I wash my hands too many times in a day.

• Everyone rp's in third person on the boards, there is no rule against roleplaying in first person but people may be iffy on starting a role play with you when you are in first person.
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:17 am

Guess I have some editing to
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:41 am

[quote="Seliphra"][color=#00cc00]Okay, good foundation but he needs a few twerks to make him ready for roleplay!

[list][*]At 6 feet tall and 110 pounds he is anorexic. Either increase his weight to something healthy or list that he is anorexic and starves himself.

[*]WHY did his parents give up their farm and move to Ikebukuro? Nobody uproots their family and changes their careers for no reason.

[*]It would be unneccesary for him to get a job to raise money for his mothers surgery in a country with free healthcare. She would have gotten the surgery immediately.

[*]He would not be allowed a job unless he is the sole breadwinner for his family. As he doesn't have to raise money for a free operation he has no excuse for a part time job as a high school student. In Japan you must have very dire circumstances and permission from the school board to have a part-time job.

[*]Why does the scar burn when he touches anything? I have a rather nasty one on my palm myself and all it does is feel a bit tight if I wash my hands too many times in a day.

[*]Everyone rp's in third person on the boards, there is no rule against roleplaying in first person but people may be iffy on starting a role play with you when you are in first person.[/list][/color][/quote]

I've taken care of all of these:
I have decided to remove the burning of the scar when it touches something.
Instead of 110 pounds he now weighs 130.
The wound reopened because he had cut a few stitches a number of times which is why he moved, he just couldn't stay away from harvesting. (I am fine if you decide that this isn't a good reason to move)
Instead of his mother becoming ill, she had died in a hit and run incident so he now has gotten the job jus to keep himself and his father in health.
I have changed the sample roleplay from first person to third person.
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Definitely better but there are still a few issues to deal with

• 130 pounds is better but still underweight for his height. 145-175 pounds is considered healthy for his height (though this weight we can deal with too if he doesn't eat a lot or has a very fast metabolic rate)

• Quote :

During his second year at Raira Academy had died in a hit and run incident.
    I think there is a word missing, WHO died please (I know it's his mother but it's a good idea to add that in)

• Stitches only stay in for ten days, he would have been fine harvesting a few weeks later and cutting them open is actually much harder than you think(Trust me I had a LOT in my palm and none of them opened no matter how badly I ignored my doctor on the subject of not using my hand). Maybe they just couldn't make ends meet as rice farmers if you need a reason?

• Is the place he works a resturaunt or a rave? No retusraunts open at 9pm AFTER the dinner rush and close at 4 am BEFORE the breakfast rush. It's business suicide. A rave or club of some sort would be acceptable but not entirely legal for hiring a person under 18 as it is against the law for a minor to work after midnight in any first-world nation.

• His father doesn't know about his job but he would have been notified by the school about it and SURELY notice his son missing all night every night. I sure would no matter how tired I was! Please explain how his father hasn't got a clue.
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Looks like I missed the obvious huh?
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Ok so here's all of the edit.

He weighs 145 pounds
The hours for the Masquerade restaurant changed
And I worked on the sample role play

I fixed the background so now:
His father knows about the job (last sentence in the background)
Yushiros family couldn't make ends meet as rice farmers
Back to top Go down
Seliphra
Admin
Seliphra

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks for your patience~! ACCEPTED!
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:29 pm

thanks, and patience is a virtue
Back to top Go down
AceofSpades
AceofSpades

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 1:17 pm

-----------------------------SECOND CHARACTER----------------------------------------

Full Name: Keisuke Tetsuya
Nickname(s): Samurai guy, Cosplay dude, Yuuma
Birthdate: August 1st
Physical appearance: Keisuke is 5 foot 8 inches. His hair is black its cut in at about short/medium length in the back even though his bangs, which go down to the bridge of his nose unless combed back, would suggest that it has grown longer than the rest appears to have. His normal eye color is blue but when he wears contacts they can be yellow or red (That’s the only colored eye ones he has). His physical body is slightly androgynous so some people have confused him as a girl even though he IS a boy. He has a smooth slightly girlish face which is another reason that people have confused him as a girl. The one thing that Keisuke is seen wearing is a zip up black vest that is zipped up one/fourth of the way up, chest to waist seems to be in bandages. Over the vest he wears a short sleeve black jacket that has a red/orange inside color. Keisuke wears a checkered belt over black somewhat baggy pants. Keisuke always wears straw sandals. The only other thing that he wears is the Raira Academy school uniform.

Yuuma however is a second person, if you want to call him that, there are few physical differences between Keisuke and Yuuma. These are: Yuuma’s hair is a dull pink (wig) that almost perfectly matches Keisuke’s hair length -its one inch longer. Yuuma has yellow eyes (That’s what the contacts were for). And also Yuuma is always seen with a black beanie covering the ears up. Yuuma normally wears a plain green T-shirt with a white jacket that has a black/green/pink heart on the back of it. Yuuma has black gloves that have a white palm and appear to have speaks on them. Yuuma commonly wears black pants which are held by a pink belt. He also wears black tennis shoes which also bear a black/green/pink heart on the sides.

Personality: Keisuke is a quiet, yet fairly strict, person. He isn’t quite to the point where he never talks he just can’t start a conversation unless he has some idea as to what the other person(s) like to talk about. Keisuke has this sort of samurai like honor about himself, he feels that if he starts something then she should be the one to finish it. Keisuke also seems to have a rude or mean sort of tone in his voice, this is mainly just to keep the idea of who Yuuma is a secret.

Yuuma is Keisuke’s escape from the world around him. Yuuma is the person Keisuke wants to be, though in Keisuke’s mind Yuuma is more of part or role in a play or something, so like a fake character or person who only exist in the mind. Yuuma is more laid back than Keisuke, not to mention he is more out spoken.

Background: Keisuke was born and raised in Ikebukuro for his whole life. His family worked at bakery which was below their apartment, it was fairly small, enough room for three people though. During his life in primary and middle school he had never really stood out. Though he wasn’t ‘lost in the crowd’ he was more just away from it entirely. That WAS his life until he had started Raira Academy.
When he started Raira he had met some people who were like him, more on the loner side of life. The one thing that all of them had in common was simply a love of music, not just one specific type really, though it mostly revolved around different types of rock. There were 2 of them, not counting Keisuke, the first one was a 2nd year male named Ryo Mori. Ryo was fairly smart, above average anyway, he had a few friends but none that he really spent a lot of time outside of school with. The other was another 1st year female named Chi Sato. Chi was really what you would expect from a first year, she was a bit shy and reluctant to make new friends, she had some others but most of them weren’t in Raira with her.
After a year in Raira and getting to know Ryo and Chi he learned that they had plans to ‘create’ a music idol of their own. The idea originally was just to make some 3D character online and Ryo would be the voice, he did have a good singing voice. But Keisuke thought that, that was actually a little lazy, so he suggested to make an actual person, someone who could actually meet other people. Ryo and Chi agreed to this easily. Keisuke’s plan sort of back fired as the two made Keisuke the one to be the idol.
After a month everything was ironed out and Keisuke was to be called Yuuma, after Vocaloids VY2 Yuma. The idea was simple yet Keisuke was beginning to have second thoughts about this idea about being a singer at all. By the time he had thought about backing out he was already on a live stream across all of Japan and the world for anyone to see. ‘Yuuma’ was stage fright at first but after a few seconds, with some encouragement from Ryo and Chi from behind the camera, Yuuma began to sang and very well at that, almost like the VY2 himself. There wasn’t a huge amount of people watching, it was mostly the Kanto region of Japan and a few others from other regions. The number was only 1,200, while that’s still quite a number of people it wasn’t as high a number that Ryo and Chi were expecting.
It took a few more live streams before people began to recognize Yuuma right off of the bat. It’s been a year sense the Yuuma came into existence, though there have been a few close calls, no one has ever really figured out who Yuuma is. There have also been many requests for Yuuma to appear in public, Keisuke has been reluctant to do anything about appearing as Yuuma in public, but Ryo and Chi seem to be against him about not appearing in public as Yuuma. Keisuke has taken up kendo in order to work out any anger.

Close relationships: Ryo Mori, Chi Sato
Current occupation (if applicable): Singer, 3rd year Raira Academy student

Gang (if applicable): None

Strengths: kendo, singing
Weaknesses: slightly shy (Keisuke), Sense it’s basically two people in one mind it is often hard to juggle something as one, Doesn't want to appear in public (Yuuma)

Fears/Insecurities: Being discovered at Yuuma
Dislikes: People who hate his music

Driving force: His current driving force is mostly the music that he makes for his fans.
Hobbies: Singing (Yuuma), Kendo (Keisuke)

Describe your character in three words: Unusual dual personas

If your character were stranded on an island and could only bring two things with them, what would they be?: A laptop and Keisuke’s kendo sword

If your character could change anything about themselves, what would they change?: Keisuke would be more like Yuuma.

Your character opens their fridge; what do they see?: Water, assorted fruits, bread, fish (normally carp).

Sample Roleplay:
“You guys really want me to appear in public as Yuuma…” Keisuke says sighing at the thought that his friends are bringing this up AGAIN.

“Come on Keisuke. Yuuma is practically famous. If he doesn’t make some sort of public appearance it looks weird, not to mention you’ve already got emails from like thousands of people asking you to make a public appearance.” Keisukes friend, Chi, says seeming to focus more on the idea of a public appearance of Yuuma. Considering that they put Keisuke’s email address at the end of every live stream it’s no wonder his email blows up every day.

“We’ve been at this Yuuma game for over a year now. It’s time for him to make a public appearance. Besides we already sent out a live stream saying that Yuuma would be appearing in the park in Ikebukuro on this day! So you can’t really refuse.” Ryo said in his usually stern voice. Whenever it comes to Yuuma making a public appearance he normally gets very serious.

“What the hell! Didn’t you think about asking me before doing that!” Keisuke says raising his voice. He couldn’t believe that his friends would go behind his back like that. “Fine, whatever. You two are only going to keep this going until I agree to it anyway. I’ll be at the park in about 10 minutes, you two go on ahead.” Keisuke says walking into his room in his apartment to become Yuuma then head off to the park.

Other: One I would like to point out is that Ryo has graduated, but Chi and Keisuke are both third years currently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)   Yushiro Gowa (Plus others) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yushiro Gowa (Plus others)
Page 1 of 1