Durarara!!/デュラララ!! Role Play
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Hey...pssst...yeah, you! I'd log in or register if I were you before Shizuo Heiwajima gets angry and decides to throw a trash can at YOU for a change...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikebukuro: To some, it is just another big city in Japan, but there are others who have been priviledged to see what really goes on. Gang violence isn't what we're talking about. You'll soon see what I mean. Welcome to Ikebukuro...

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inpage 1

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Painting the dawn

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

Painting the dawn - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:45 am

Darren was surprised by the hug, but returned it none the less, they stood there for a moment before Darren broke the silence.

"Do you wanna see a picture of them?"
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am

"Sure, Id love to see them." Alois said as released the man from his vise grip, he smiled politely as the man went to get the picture. The kitten on the other hand was sitting obidently at Alois feet, purring and meowing loudly.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:04 am

It took some time but eventually Darren re entered the room with a large photo frame in hand, "here we are." The red head sat down on one of the couches and looked at the photo fondly.

The picture depicted about a dozen or teens, all leaning up against what looked to be a school bus covered in a swirling rainbow of painted on colors. the only thing any of the kids seemed to have in common at first glance was that they all had streaks of bright color in thier hair.

A younger version of Darren was near the center of the picture, Sitting on the shoulders of a tall, muscluar looking man with a blonde ponytail. there was a streak of green in his red hair and a manic looking grin on his face and in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 am

[color=white]"Heh you looked cute when you were younger, it makes me think of what my family would have been like if my dad hadnt left my mother...maybe she would still be alive." Alois said as he stared at the picture with a huge smile on his face, even if on the inside he was all torn up.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Darren Stared at Alois for a moment, as if unsure how to respond, before letting his blue eyes drift over the photo, focusing on a trio of young girls, all with rather long black hair streak with one bright color each. one staring at the camera with a 'come and get me grin, blue streaks in her raven locks, another with purple streaks who seemed to be off in her own world, a half demented smile on her face. and finnally a young woman with Hot pink streaks in her hair and a gentle look in her mismatched eyes, one light grey, the other black.

"ya know, some of my favorite sisters always used to say... that Family... and the love goes with it especially.... was like a treasure, its not usually just given to you, you have to find it, or let it find you, even if your family situation is totally normal. And once you find it, youve gotta be sure to keep it close at hand..." the redhead's eyes went missing, "Because to lose it, or have it taken from you... thats the greatest tradgedy someone can experience..."

the redhead paused for a long moment before turning back to the boy with an embarresed grimace "Sorry, i guess im not making much sense..."
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Alois smiled at the older male then at the picture.
"It's ok, i kind of get it. Your saying that family is the most preciouse thing you could have right? Lucky you, i dont even know what my parents look like. Not that it matters though, my mother is dead and my dad is assumed to be somewhere in America. So im guessing even if i did find him he wouldnt want me. The closest thing i have to a family right now is Yukio." Alois said, smiling at the thought of his "brother" still working at the hospital
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:58 pm

"Yeah..." Darren paused for a second, "i guess what im also trying to say, is that you should cherish what you have, rather than dwell on what could have been." Darren rubbed the back of his head awkwardly,"or something like that... sorry..."

he sighed heavily and scanned over the picture again, and after along pause spoke again, " I just... whenever ive had a really bad day, and i feel like i'm about go insane... i think back to them, and all the good and bad times we had with eachother..." the redhead trailed off, his voice cracking and tears welling in his eyes, his hand came up to touch his spade earring.
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Alois frowned when he saw the man start to get sad, he moved foward and wrapped his arms around the older male in a bear hug.
"I'm sure you'll find them some day, of it's not in this life you'll meet them in the next." Alois said smiling up at the larger male.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Darren was taken aback by the boys sudden display of comforting, but happily returned the embrace.

"thanks kiddo..." he had no other words.
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 pm

"Don't worry to much about your family, I'm sure they're ok. And I'm here if you need someone, I'll be your family." Alois said hugging the man tighter.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:31 am

Darren let a smile come back to his face full force, a black gloved hand coming up to ruffle the albino boys white hair, "you really are something special Alois..." the redhead llet out a long, calming breath. "sorry i went and thought myself into the unhappy corner there for a minute," Darren let out a long sigh and streched his arms above his head, "i need to do something to cheer my self up...." he trailed off for a moment, lips pouting in thought before a bright grin came to his face and he turned back to his young guest, "hey Alois... would you like to see my art studio?"
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:35 am

Alois had to stare at the man with his jaw dropped since he was to exsited to stay anything.
"Yes! Yes yes!i want to see!" Alois yelped happily
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:25 am

A big smile came to the redhead's face as he got up off the couch and took the Albino boys hand, leading him through the painted halls of his home and eventually arriving at a large pair of curtains that acted as the door to his sancutary.

With a smile darren pulled back the curtian to reveal his studio, also the largest room in his home, in its usual state of controlled chaos. the walls of the studio were mostly lined with makeshift workbenches and tables. the largest and longest of which was clustered with what appeared to be the begginings or half finnished skeletons of metal sculptures, as well as many of Darrens tools

Another worktable had a well worn office chair sitting in front of it and was littered with small clay figuines, some painted while many others sat half finished or still plain white. one more worktable was covered in stacks of sketchbooks.

the room was dotted with the forms of almost finished larger sculptures, some covered by tarps. A large pile of scrap metal lay by the metal work table. the room was finished out by a pottery wheel and 2 easels with half finished watercolor paintings sitting on them.
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:28 am

Alois starred at the large room and variouse things the took up the space there, he felt like his jaw was going to drop to the floor as he felt his furry friend walk around his legs.
"Wow!"
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 am

Darren smiled, "Yeah, this is my little santuary. sorry its such a mess in here, be careful where you step" The redhead walked through the studio, navigating it with practiced ease and running though a mental checklist of all the projects he had here before stopping to whip off the tarp covering one of his works in progress.

the sculpture was made of all sorts of metalic odds and ends expertly crafted into the elegant life size form of a young woman, standing on tip-toe, seemingly walking with what appeaered to be a knee length, long sleeved dress made of carefully bent strips of polished metal, one arm at her side holding a skeletal mock of a sword, the other cradling what appeared to be a birdcage to her chest. her long hair was made of twisted wire and even had the makings of a face.

Darren examined his own work with a critical eye, lips pursed in concentration.

Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 am

"You're so talented, this is so beautiful!" Alois said as he made sure to be careful where he stepped as he followed the man closer to his sculpture with Bunny following close on his heels. Alois looked at the sculpture with bright red eyes as he examined the beautiful design.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:57 am

Darren smiled at the boy, "thanks kid," blue eyes turned back to the sculpture criticaly once again, "But she's not finished... she still missing something..." Darren trailed off, fiddling with his arring in concentration.
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:59 am

"Hm? I think she looks perfect, what could she be missing?" Alois thought outloud as he picked up the furry creature and admired the beautiful sculplture.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:08 am

"Well i was hoping to find a couple of stones to use for her eyes." darren said, running a hand across the sculptures unfinished face "... and ive been debating wether or not to... give her... wings..." he said slowly
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 am

"Wings sound pretty~" Alois said, smiling interested at how the man was so intuned with his design.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:17 am

"Yeah," Darren said with a smile, "she really should have them, when i started working on her i wanted her... to be... a Fallen Angel"
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:20 am

"She sounds like you wanted to make her beautiful." Alois said, even though he already thought the sculpture was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:59 pm

"Yeah..." darren said sheepishly, " The Fallen Angel, a free spirit that not even god himself could cage. A paragon of freedom and will, untouchable and untamable..." Darren perked up looking at his young guest with an embarresed blush, "Sorry... i went into artist mode there for a minute..."
Back to top Go down
Alois Usagi
Junior
Alois Usagi

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:03 am

"No that's fine, my friend Akira does the same thing when talking about life or something like that. I really like yout artwork, do you sell them?" Alois asked curiosly.
Back to top Go down
Jokerstar
Jokerstar

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 am

"yeah, I auction alot of it on the internet," Darren said, "though occasionally i sell the smaller stuff like those clay figures over there at a flea market" the redhead gestured to the table littered with finely crafted figures, some painted, some not, which varied from humans to creatures.

Darren turned back to the sculpture with a slightly sad smile, "though... with works like her, I wish i could somehow ensure that She's put somewhere where the whole world would see her" he ran a loving hand across the scultures metal arm before turning away and moving tward the pile of scap material, "once she's finished of course."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting the dawn   Painting the dawn - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting the dawn
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next